Serves two; alter ingredients as required.
Baking tray and frying pan required.
- Two slices of thick fresh white bread
- Two free range eggs
- Dash of milk (approximately one tablespoon)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 6-8 pieces of British smoked streaky bacon (un-smoked if you prefer)
- Vine cherry tomatoes
- Knob of butter
- Dash of olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°.
- Place the bacon and cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and cook for ten-fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread in half (I prefer fancy triangles).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add a dash of milk, season well and hand whisk with a fork.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, turn to ensure fully coated and then leave for a few minutes so that the bread soaks up the mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a frying pan.
- Place the eggy bread into the frying pan and fry until golden on both sides.
- Serve, as pictured, topped with the bacon and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Simple, yet exceedingly tasty! Enjoy x