An incredibly simple yet extremely decadent dessert. A perfect finish to any dinner party.
This recipe will make at least 6 ramekins as pictured.
- 600ml of double cream
- 200g of golden caster sugar
- The zest of three lemons
- 80ml of lemon juice (squeezed from the zested lemons)
- Into a large sauce pan add the double cream and sugar.
- Place the sauce pan onto a low heat, continue to stir until all of the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for one minute (ensure you don’t let the mixture boil).
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and stir.
- Divide your mixture into the ramekins or serving dishes and allow to cool to room temperature before placing into the fridge.
This dessert is best served when chilled for at least 24 hours. Serve with fresh raspberries and coulis. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas, Love Emma x