You can whip up this super easy pancake recipe in no time at all (literally 2 minutes). The end result is gorgeously light and fluffy pancakes perfect for breakfast or brunch. Top with fruit and natural yoghurt as a semi-healthy option or crispy streaky bacon with lashings of maple syrup for an indulgent treat.
This recipe will make 4-6 pancakes depending on size.
Large frying pan required.
Prep time 2 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
- 200g self-raising flour
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Pinch of table salt
- Two eggs
- Oil and butter for frying
- Sift all of the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a glass measuring jug.
- Add milk to the eggs to make up to 300ml.
- Add the milk and eggs to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Pre-heat the frying pan on the hob on a medium heat with a little oil and a knob of butter.
- Ladle the pancake mixture into the pan approximately 8-10cm wide (or whatever size you would like your pancakes to be!). Just don’t pour them too close together as they will spread.
- Cook for roughly 2 minutes until you are able to flip over and finish cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
I served mine with some homegrown homemade strawberry compote (I will upload that recipe next!) Whatever you serve yours with, I am certain that they will be absolutely delicious.
Enjoy, love Emma x