This goes perfectly with morning pancakes, alternatively combine with some natural yoghurt and granola. It is quick, easy to make and can be kept in the fridge all week.
- 500g of British Strawberries
- The juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons of caster sugar
- De-hull the strawberries and put in to a large frying pan or saucepan.
- Add the lemon juice and caster sugar.
- Leave on a low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The compote is ready when it becomes ruby red in colour, thick and sticky.
- Pour into a container of your choice, leave to cool, and then place in the fridge.
This recipe is best utilised when our British Strawberries are in season.